Friday, November 18, 2011

Atlanta Falcons Applique

We are going to a Falcon's game this Sunday. SO excited, I love football season!  And, of course, Aiyden needs a falcons hoodie for the occasion.  I'm way too cheap to pay for the real thing so I decided to applique the logo onto a black hoodie. I will say, the falcons logo is not the easiest thing to recreate, it has a lot of small pieces.  I used felt since it is pretty easy to work with and doesn't fray.  Jersey knit would be good too but I didn't have the right colors in my scrap pile.

 I bought a black hoodie at Kmart, looked up the logo in google images and cut out a pattern.  I used white, gray, and red felt scraps.

I cut the main white piece from my pattern, then I used the same pattern for the gray and cut an extra 1/4" off all around.  Then some red triangles and tiny bits of white for the face.

I sewed the gray to the white to begin.

Then added the white and red accents.

In hindsight, I probably should have bought a pullover rather than a zippered hoodie but oh well! I cut the applique in half.

Pinned it to each side of the hoodie and stitched all the way around.  Be careful not to get too close to the zipper teeth!  I had to rip out a few stitches because it wouldn't zip.

It's not on the list of finest things I've made but it was quick, Aiyden loves it, and he'll be the only one with this falcons sweatshirt!

Have a great weekend!
-jessie


No comments:

Post a Comment